Friday, March 7, 2008

What was that all about?

A couple of weeks ago, Maki and I went to dinner at La Tasca in Clarendon with some friends. After dinner, we decided to have a drink at Harry's Tap Room next door.

So picture this. All six of us are having a drink along the back side of the bar, three women chatting together, the men in a group on their own.

Suddenly, these two guys join us ladies. I thought they were on their way to the restroom, but it seems they wanted to stay and chat with us. One guy had some line about how he was sure we all had Masters degrees. Whatever.

It has been a looooong time since I was part of the bar scene. Come to think of it, I was never really part of it, so these guys coming up and talking to us was just weird. I honestly didn't even know what was happening. Come on, I'm old and I'm married and I'm wearing a ring. And my husband was eight feet from me!

Anyway, the gentlemen finally clued in that our guys were right next to us and they scooted back to another part of the bar. Sue says the whole thing happened coz her super attractive sister was with us and she's single. I bet she's right. What a riot.

No comments: