Sunday, January 18, 2009

More Funny CJ Sayings

CJ continues to be a happy, chatty kid. He said he wanted to go to mass today, but when I told him that he had to be quiet for a whole hour, he decided he would stay home. Yup, that's how much he likes to talk.

What's interesting is how he conjugates verbs using standard rules, but the end result is wrong because English has so many darn exceptions. For example, he'll say:
  • Mama, dada teached me how to play a new game.
  • I breaked the tracks.
  • Mama, today, I sleeped in the afternoon.
The funny thing is that he will sometimes use the correct verb conjugations for the verbs above, but at other times, he will conjugate incorrectly.

He is also quite enthusiastic about life. When I ask him a question, he often says, "Oh, yes!" or "Sure!"

Some funny and sweet things he's said recently:

"Mommy, come quick! I have a surprise for you!" (This is his latest ploy to get me to come running or interrupt me when I'm getting dressed or cooking.)

"Mama, I know that you need to work so that you can buy me trains and sushi." (His nanny share really, really hates the fact that her mommy works.)

"Mommy, I don't mind that you go to work because I know that you will always come back." (See above.)

No comments: