Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I Hope I'm Raising Readers

I love to read. Maki loves to read. My brother Alex is a voracious reader. My whole family loves to read.

Which is why I'm hoping that my boys will be avid readers. To me, there's nothing like lounging on the couch and immersing myself in a great story. I remember spending an entire weekend on the couch (pre-babies, of course!) reading Harry Potter books!

Reading is an important activity in our house. We have bookshelves and books in nearly every room of the house, we read at any time of day, and we always, always read before going to bed at night. I will often read MJ 2 or 3 of his books, then CJ and I will read a chapter or two from one of his books. Currently, CJ and I are reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I figure he'll be in high school by the time we get to book 7 at the rate we're going, but we're both enjoying reading the story out loud to one another.

Here are some great photos of the boys on CJ's bed one evening. I didn't pose them; they just picked up books on their own and lifted their legs up naturally. Hilarious and adorable!



No comments: