Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Funny and Fun Things MJ Says

MJ is 32 months old (just over 2 1/2 years old) and he's talking up a storm these days. He's always talking. He comments on everything. He plays with words, he makes up rhymes, he's constantly in motion and constantly talking.

When he wants to ask a question, he can't quite rephrase the sentence into a question, so he just adds inflection to the end of his sentences. This morning, I was feeling a little under the weather. He asked, "Mom, you feel sick?" When we're outside, he asks our neighbor, "You have a dog?"

He's got an active imagination. Every morning, when yaya (his nanny) arrives, she asks MJ, "MJ, who are you today?" Every day is different. He might be MJ Fireman, MJ Farmer, MJ Doctor, MJ Delivery Man, MJ Policeman. MJ Fireman is definitely his favorite.

A couple of weekends ago, Maki brought home sausage, egg and cheese McMuffins from McDonald's. He asked for the egg. I said, "But MJ, you're allergic to egg." He said, "No, I'm not lergic, I'm just a nice guy."

When we go out for a ride or run an errand, I usually pack what I call emergency snacks, in case CJ or MJ (or I) suddenly gets hungry. When an adult gets a hunger attack, you suck it up. When a child gets a hunger attack, he has a meltdown. So I always have protein bars in the car and other snacks in my purse. I like to pack string cheese, which I call "emergency cheese." This morning, MJ said, "CJ, we have emergencheese!"

When we're out for a walk, sometimes MJ will just play with words. I might say, "look there's a dog." And all of a sudden, he'll launch into a rhyme attack. He'll say dog, bog, log, mog, sog, jog.... and on and on. I think he's playing with words, he's checking out how they sound and feel on his tongue. It's hilarious and very cute.

No comments: