Saturday, June 7, 2008

A Change of Plans

Today was supposed to be a big day.  We were scheduled to go to Celebrate Fairfax with my sister Dina and her daughter Jessie, and then visit with our friends the Jopps, who just had a baby.   My sister Dina called on Friday to say that she was bailing on Celebrate Fairfax because temperatures were supposed to hit the high 90s and who wants to go to a fair in that kind of heat?

So, Maki and I decided we would attend the Armenian Festival in Old Town instead, and then visit the Jopps.

Unfortunately, CJ came down with a fever on Friday night.  Kid illnesses tend to come on really fast, we have noticed.  CJ seemed find when I got home from work on Friday, but was feverish by bedtime.   I knew something was wrong because by 8:30pm, he said he wanted to go to bed.  Mind you, this is a kid who never wants to go to bed.

So, Maki went to the Armenian Festival for a few hours while CJ and I stayed home.  CJ was only mildly feverish, but he must have been feeling really bad because he slept pretty much all day.  He slept until 10:30am this morning, and then spent the rest of the day on the couch.  Oh well.  It was probably better to be inside on such a hellaciously hot day.  And I got to watch hours of Food Network.  I even watched the Belmont Stakes horse race; like the rest of the world, I was shocked that Big Brown did not take the crown.

CJ is feeling better, but he still seems a little tired, so we will probably take it easy tomorrow.

No comments: