Saturday, October 18, 2008

I Love Yard Sales

There was a pretty big yard sale in our neighborhood and I could not resist checking it out.  I just love yard sales.  Yes, I love the bargains, but I also knew it would be fun to hang out with our neighbors and CJ would enjoy running around with his buddies.

Maki gave me $60 since I didn't have any cash and told me to call him if I needed more.  Thankfully, I only spent $45, but boy did I get good stuff!  I got 10 CDs, 14 DVDs, 4 gorgeous Chinese prints and a purple planter for my office!

Among the DVDs I got were:
  • All 3 Indiana Jones movies
  • X-Men 2 and 3 (Maki and I have not seen the third movie)
  • Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure (yes, I admit to being a Keanu Reeves fan)
  • Amadeus and Immortal Beloved (about Mozart and Beethoven, respectively)
  • Who Framed Roger Rabbit
  • Batman Begins
The CDs are mostly from the 80s, including including Bob James, Prince, Vivaldi and Wham (yes, Wham, don't laugh).  How's that for variety?

Now you know why I love yard sales.

No comments: