Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Sweet Valentine's Day Party for the Pre-K Crowd

Last Friday, CJ's pre-school class had its Valentine's Day party. I didn't think I was going to make it but my morning meeting ended right on time and I was able to rush to the school. CJ was thrilled that I made it. There were a bunch of moms there and the kids whose moms attended were definitely proud to have their moms be in the classroom. But you know, some days, I just can't make it and I can't be guilty about it.

I can't believe how grown up the kids are getting. They sang their prayer song, ate their cupcakes and candy independently and without too much mess, then exchanged their Valentines. CJ gave his classmates handmade valentines that we made together, as well as special Valentine play doh. It seems every manufacturer has to have a seasonal offering. Play Doh had a package of 20 small play doh cans in sweet colors - lavender, pink, purple, white, orange. One of moms made super yummy chocolate cupcakes. Homemade cupcakes are definitely the best!

BTW, it's hilarious how many tweets I saw on Thursday night about making Valentines with their kids. We all know the Valentine party is coming, but we still procrastinated on making the valentines. Thank goodness CJ only has 8 classmates because it took hours to make the cards! But it was definitely fun.

Check out CJ's happy face. This kid just loves chocolate, can't get enough of it. I remember that we used M&Ms and trains as bribes during potty training - worked very well.

On the actual Valentine's Day, we went to dinner at a neighbor's house. The grown-ups enjoyed a little peace and quiet while the kids played with the trains. Nice evening and I'm not sure I would have swapped it for dinner a fancy restaurant.

No comments: