Sunday, November 4, 2012

Bye, Bye, High Chair and Playpen!

Some time in early August, our yaya announced that MJ was no longer using the high chair and playpen. What? How could this be? MJ wasn't even 2 while CJ used the high chair and playpen until he was 3!

The playpen was a great place to put MJ when I was alone with him and I needed to go to the bathroom, if I was cooking and needed him to be safely away from the stove, or if I needed to go upstairs for a few minutes.

The high chair was a great way to keep MJ in his chair during meals, it was easy to clean, and it was a nice, wide surface that MJ could play with.

But yaya was right. MJ wanted to sit at the kitchen island with us. He liked to sit on a bar stool, just like me, Maki and CJ. He also now hated being confined in the playpen. Where he used to play by himself in the playpen, especially after being in the company of others (he liked a little alone time), now he tried hard to pull himself up and out of the playpen.

So on August 11, Maki and I took our last photos of MJ using the playpen and high chair, then we put them away for good. No more baby gear in the house! We gave the highchair to a co-worker and we just tossed the playpen.

I was a little sad about getting rid of these things. It was another sign that my baby was no longer a baby. MJ is my second and my last and I don't have a baby anymore. I have a full on, energetic toddler!






No comments: