Friday, November 23, 2012

First NIght in Tokyo

After taking the Narita Express to Tokyo Station, we met Maki's dad so we could all get our shinkansen (bullet train) tickets for Kyoto and Nara the next day. Then we caught a taxi to our hotel, the Asakasa Yoko.

The Asakasa Yoko was less than terrific but it was fine for one night. The lobby was very smoky and we could only get smoking rooms. I had a minor panic attack at the idea of smoking rooms for the boys but the front desk person let us visit one of the rooms and it was bearable. So around 8pm, we finally got to check in, take showers and go to bed.

Despite being exhausted, I insisted on showers (a bath for MJ) for everyone because I'm convinced taking a shower or bath after a long day of travel gets rid of what I call the plane uggies, warms the body and helps with sleep. I make the whole family do this on every trip, whether we're going to CA, Japan or Mexico.

Hotel rooms in Tokyo are generally tiny so we had to book 2 rooms for our family. Because my room turned out to less smoky, both boys slept with  me and Maki had peace and quiet. The boys slept great.

No comments: