Thursday, July 17, 2008

Happy Birthday CJ!

CJ celebrated a very happy birthday yesterday.  My older sister and brother are in town so he got extra attention from a doting aunt and uncle.

He woke up to kisses from mommy and daddy, then was given the green light to open some presents.  Big surprise, he got some new Thomas trains (Rusty, James, Henry), a Thomas poetry book, and some chocolate.

At lunchtime, CJ celebrated with kids from the neighborhood.  My nanny called around 12:30 to say there were 7 nannies and 9 kids visiting our house.  I'm sure CJ was in heaven.

For dinner, CJ wanted sushi so that is what he got.  He actually woke up that morning saying, "Mama, I have a little cough.  Sushi will make it go away."  Hilarious.  He wolfed down 11 pieces of salmon sushi so I guess despite the pizza at lunch time, he was ravenous for sushi.  He also had a bit of shrimp tempura and some edamame (he calls it adamama).

Here is a video of CJ introducing his collection of battery-powered trains.



My favorite part of the day was when CJ woke up asking for kisses.  For months, he had been saying, "no kisses until my birthday" and thank goodness he didn't really mean it.  Yesterday morning, he snuggled up to me and said, "I want kisses for my birthday."  When I planted a few kisses on his check, he said, "more kisses, please" then promptly asked Maki for kisses.  Moments you live for as a mom.

No comments: