Friday, November 7, 2008

What an Election Night!

Maki and I decided at the last minute to hold an election night party at our house. I figured it would be more fun to watch the returns with friends and this election was just too important to not share with family and friends.

So Maki, CJ and I and about 20 friends + a few kids got together on Tuesday night. We had CNN on the big TV + FiveThirtyEight and MSNBC on a couple of laptops. I loved the CNN touch screens and MSNBC's voter by category analysis. It cracked us up that Catholics who attend mass once a week went for McCain, while Catholics who went to church less than weekly went for Obama. We made homemade pizza and chocolate pudding, drank a lot of wine and had a blast.

CJ and his buddies played i the living room with CJ's trains. Gosh, they played together so well and clearly had a blast.

I knew the election was over around 9pm when Ohio turned blue. And it was definitely over when VA turned blue. What a night! Obama's speech was great; McCain's speech was more than gracious, even lyrical.

I'm excited about the election but also worried. As a small business owner, I feel like I would have been screwed under either Obama or McCain. But I do feel that Obama is a fresh start and if he's the economic moderate I hope he will be, then Maki, Matrix Group and I will be okay.

No comments: