Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Maria got us hooked on Heroes

I call my friend Maria my pusher. She lends me books and DVDs and gets me hooked. For a while, she was lending me every Anita Blake book, until I decided they had become too racy for my taste.

The latest addiction is the TV series Heroes. She and my friend Dan had been raving about Heroes for the last year. Well, it's nearly impossible for me to watch regular network television, so I had to content myself with her raves.

A couple of weeks ago, Maria lent me the first season of Heroes on DVD and now Maki and I are hooked. We have precious time to watch the episodes, because our son keeps us quite busy, but we absolutely love the show. My favorite characters are Hiro and the cheerleader. And I loved the scene where Nathan evades the bad guys by shooting straight into the air, shows up in his pajamas at a diner in the Nevada desert, and proceeds to give Hiro this "you are crazy" look when Hiro tells him he can bend space and time. Awesome stuff. Thanks, Maria!

No comments: