Sunday, August 17, 2008

I Finally Got To Go Ziplining!

Maki and Alex went ziplining at the Selvatura nature reserve in Monteverde, while CJ, mom, dad and I visited the treetop canopy and hanging bridges.

So it was a pleasant surprise for me to learn that the Paradisus had min-ziplining over the pool. Not surprisingly, there was a waiting list and the only time slot available was 9:00am on Saturday, the morning of our departure. I really wanted to try ziplining, so I signed up. I was a little nervous, but a pair of 11-year old twins were with me and I figured that if they could be brave and zipline, so could I. Plus, their mom asked me to look after them since she was going to be waiting at the other end.

Ziplining was fun!!! This baby zipline was pretty slow since the line wasn't very steep. It took 20 minutes to get the gear on and get instructions, and 8 seconds to actually go down the line. That's me on the zipline, at right, getting splashed by a boy in the pool; it was common for the poolgoers to throw water at the zipliners. I got pretty soaked. :-)

CJ was pretty bummed that he couldn't go ziplining. He wasn't tall enough, so we promised him that he could go ziplining when he is 11. CJ: Mama, when I'm 11, will ziplining still be here in Costa Rica? Mama: Of course.

No comments: