Friday, November 12, 2010

Good-bye Thomas, Hello Luke Skywalker!

For the past four years (yep, four years), CJ has been Thomas the Tank Engine for Halloween.  This year, CJ dropped Thomas like a hot potato and decided he wanted to be Luke Skywalker.  CJ is obsessed with Legos and Star Wars.  I guess the Thomas phase is finally over and I have to admit, I'm a little sad about it.

When we went to San Francisco last March, we went to Thomas Town at Six Flags.  Thomas Town is a small section within the theme park where kids can ride Thomas, Bertie and Harold.  CJ rode each ride once then declared that he wanted to ride a real roller coaster.  When I asked him a few weeks later about Thomas, he seemed reluctant to admit that he was ready to move on from Thomas, as if he were having difficulty letting go.

But these days, CJ plays Lego Star Wars with his dad, he builds with Lego blocks every day at school, he listens to my Star Wars soundtrack endlessly in the car (his favorite song is the Imperial March, of course), and he's watched all of the movies.  It started when he discovered a couple of Star Wars Lego kits that I bought when he was about one year old and stashed in our fourth floor library.  He noticed them, asked to build them and he was hooked from then on.

I guess it was only natural that he was Luke Skywalker this year, especially given my love of Star Wars. 

Here's CJ with his friend Ronan, who was Obi-Wan Kenobi

My God, aren't they adorable? There were a lot of Star Wars costumes this year!

No comments: