Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Squeals, Squawks, Snorts and Grunts

I had forgotten just how noisy babies are!  Even while asleep, MJ squawks pretty regularly, unless he's in a really deep sleep, and even then, he breathes pretty heavily.  We sometimes call him Snort because he's got a cold right now and the poor thing is sniffling and snorting a lot.

My favorite sounds are the little squeals he makes when he's stretching after nursing or a nap.  He makes this high pitched, long squeal while his face is all scrunched up.  Pretty cute.

Maki seems to be able to sleep through all of Marco's noises at night, and I'm learning to tune them out, unless they're cries to let me know he's really unhappy.  Thanks to The Baby Whisperer book, which I swear by, as with CJ, we're learning MJ's cries.  We've figured out the hungry cry, the "I want more milk" cry and the "I'm tired and need a nap" cry.  Knowing the different cries is saving us a great deal of anguish because we can tend to MJ's needs pretty quickly, which makes for a lot less fussy baby.

No comments: